Fresh flower arrangements are one of the easiest ways to upstyle your home. Even supermarket blooms can look fantastic if presented in the right way so I thought I'd do an edit of my favourite vases out there, all affordable and under £50 each. Having a stock collection of vases is great and especially ones that work on their own as decorative pieces. Read on for more... (post contains some affiliate links).
10 vases under £50
If you have small dainty flowers like hellebores, stocky blooms like hydrangeas or single stem roses you'll need something low and wide to complement and balance it out. Here are some small vases that will work well for this style, I like arrangements like this in the bedroom on side cabinets or dressing tables.
This Dartington Crystal posy vase in olive green is so pretty and perfectly sets off pink hued blooms. I think it would also look great with a single large peony or rose. £20 at John Lewis.
2. I love concrete as a material for its texture and think it looks so chic in the home. These flower pots by Make & Matter are sold by Prick London, a fantastic Black-owned business based in East London that also sell succulents. They would also double up as a great candle holder! From £14.
3. Good things come in pairs? This set of two little posy vases are so sweet and in the bronze and zinc glass will go with most things. £26 from John Lewis.
4. This Lasi pink and white vase is so pretty you won't even need flowers! It can also just sit empty and look lovely at the times you don't have any short stems to fill it with. And even sweeter that is is just £7.
For larger bouquets or long stems you'll need something bigger. Tall arrangements look great on windowsills, mantlepieces or in the corner of a rooms. They can also look fantastic as table centre arrangements but remember that when guests are seated you need to think about sight lines. If there is an enormous bunch of flowers in the middle of the table it can limit conversation!
5. This Green and Gold Ribbed Glass Vase by Dunelm at £20 is amazingly good value and looks so high end. At 26cm tall it can take a more robust arrangement and be a real statement piece. It's in my shopping basket and by the time you read this will be in my flat. I can imagine it will a single branch of magnolia or a bunch of peonies.
6. This Extra Tall Cylinder Vase at £15 is a real monster at 46cm tall that can take the really long stems or branches. Place on a trunk or side table to make a real feature and draw the eye into a room. Cherry blossom branches (you can get great faux ones) look spectacular in this style.
7. This is another option that works just as well by itself as a decorative accent when you don't have any flowers! This bright orange jug is such a pop of colour and I love the rustic feel of flowers in jugs. Simple style for every day! Get it for £28.
8. This heavy bottom seeded glass vase is reminiscent of the Victorian era and will show off the architectural look of the lower gathered stems. It's also a complete steal at £12.50
9. For a touch of glamour, try this mottled glass vase with gold base for £28 from Oliver Bonas. Ii will instantly upstyle your tablescape and look fantastic with candles reflecting the light.
10. And finally, this cylinder-shaped glass vase is embedded with decorative bubbles vase and works well on the floor with its chic matte golden brass stand. At £32 it is also a lot cheaper than it looks!
I hope you've enjoyed my edit of vases under £50 - if you get any of them please take a pic and tag me in it on instagram, I'd love to see!